Don't you love having those random late night urges to eat something? Don't you love realizing you need something right then and there or you could possibly die? Well, I don't, but, when I do experience those feelings, I'm glad Wal-Mart is open and ready to answer the call.
I received a text from my mother earlier in the evening to bring some plastic cups home. I remembered this text around the same time I decided I need to get some money out of the bank. It was around 12 a.m. at night. I knew that I needed to make a trip to Wal-Mart.
I walked into the store and was promptly greeted by this young guy (20s?). I shook my head in my casual appreciative nod as I walked by. I got the plastic cups quite quickly. I suddently felt the urge to have some gushers. I love gushers. I asked the nearest employee where I could find the gushers. She told me by coughing and pointing her finger to an aisle. I got the gushers! So, now I had gushers in one hand and plastic cups in the other. I got back to the front of the store. I realized that the only registers open were the ones in the middle of the store. I also noticed that most of the front end was roped off. I was dismayed. Inside the roped area was the Suntrust machine. I stopped for a minute.
I wanted to get to the machine. I saw the orignal door greeter by himself in front of the doors. I decided to go up to him and ask him for permission. I could tell he was alarmed as I strolled up to him. Here I was carrying items I haven't paid for yet and walking with a fast pace up to him. I mean, there was no one around. "Umm, yes", he asked. "Hey, didn't mean to walk up to you all criminal-like so no need to be tense. I have a question, Can I go past this rope to get to the ATM machine?" He looked at me funny. "I need to get back there, can I just go over the rope?" He said, "Well, I don't know, I can ask... I don't think they've started on the floors yet." I waited as he signaled a man over. "Need to get money huh?" I smiled as a response. The manager walked up and he told him what I needed. "Sure, go on ahead", the manager said. I carried my items with me to the registers far away. I sat them on one of the racks near the register. I calmly walked up to the rope and went over it.
I got to the ATM. I slid my car in it. No response. I slid my card in it again. No response. I looked over the door greeter. He smiled back. I slid my card in it a third time. No response. I gruffed like a manly man does and walked back to my things. I paid for them with my ATM card. I walked back towards the door greeter in order to exit the store. "Find everything you need?" I said, "No, the ATM machine doesn't even work." He smiled, "yeah, it's broken right now." I gave him a "do you really breathe the same air as I" look.
I love when people do awesome things at awesome times!
I received a text from my mother earlier in the evening to bring some plastic cups home. I remembered this text around the same time I decided I need to get some money out of the bank. It was around 12 a.m. at night. I knew that I needed to make a trip to Wal-Mart.
I walked into the store and was promptly greeted by this young guy (20s?). I shook my head in my casual appreciative nod as I walked by. I got the plastic cups quite quickly. I suddently felt the urge to have some gushers. I love gushers. I asked the nearest employee where I could find the gushers. She told me by coughing and pointing her finger to an aisle. I got the gushers! So, now I had gushers in one hand and plastic cups in the other. I got back to the front of the store. I realized that the only registers open were the ones in the middle of the store. I also noticed that most of the front end was roped off. I was dismayed. Inside the roped area was the Suntrust machine. I stopped for a minute.
I wanted to get to the machine. I saw the orignal door greeter by himself in front of the doors. I decided to go up to him and ask him for permission. I could tell he was alarmed as I strolled up to him. Here I was carrying items I haven't paid for yet and walking with a fast pace up to him. I mean, there was no one around. "Umm, yes", he asked. "Hey, didn't mean to walk up to you all criminal-like so no need to be tense. I have a question, Can I go past this rope to get to the ATM machine?" He looked at me funny. "I need to get back there, can I just go over the rope?" He said, "Well, I don't know, I can ask... I don't think they've started on the floors yet." I waited as he signaled a man over. "Need to get money huh?" I smiled as a response. The manager walked up and he told him what I needed. "Sure, go on ahead", the manager said. I carried my items with me to the registers far away. I sat them on one of the racks near the register. I calmly walked up to the rope and went over it.
I got to the ATM. I slid my car in it. No response. I slid my card in it again. No response. I looked over the door greeter. He smiled back. I slid my card in it a third time. No response. I gruffed like a manly man does and walked back to my things. I paid for them with my ATM card. I walked back towards the door greeter in order to exit the store. "Find everything you need?" I said, "No, the ATM machine doesn't even work." He smiled, "yeah, it's broken right now." I gave him a "do you really breathe the same air as I" look.
I love when people do awesome things at awesome times!
Comments